We are rolling out an update to the Brixwork core system later tonight, version 3.9.6, which includes numerous improvements, bug fixes as well as improvements in the MLS® search functionalities. This round of updates have a heavy focus on functionalities on the internal side, as well as improving our MLS® listings filtering function which will lead to better targeted SEO results on Google.
MLS® Search Function Improvements
- Added function to allow for minimum bedrooms, and fixed bedroom numbers. Traditionally users were only able to use 1+, or 2+ bedrooms for minimum settings. Now we are able to provide solid “1 Bedroom Condos in Vancouver” or similar results.
- Able to search listings by listed date (custom function that is setup on a site-by-site basis, not a default function on search yet).
Some bug fixes:
- Page deletion mechanism fixed to avoid empty instance running
- Lot size and Frontage size calculation was off for REBGV data (they changed the unit increments).
- Home retrieval function returns boolean on lack of property ID in database (useful for coders to determine whether home exists or not by simply returning the boolean)
- Semi-transparent image rendering improved on Firefox, Opera, Safari & Chrome
- Condo storeys class added, previously only accessible through the data array ($home->story, the database was set up without the “e” so we have to live with the minor typo, as we cannot overhaul all existing sites).
- Lead forms are able to send to multiple emails in an array (useful for partnerships or groups)
- URL fix for Facebook shares when Facebook converts space/semicolon characters to ASCII
- Google Analytics code update to enable demographic data scraping.
- Default gallery image size increased to 2400 pixels in light of larger monitors becoming standard (existing sites may need manual adjustment).
- Added default animate-fade-in elements that can be easily applied for a smoother & more interactive user experience.
Future Updates Planned
Here at Brixwork we are committed to continuously upgrade our system and software to keep up with the demand of changing technology. Here’s more items we have on the roadmap:
- Hourly sync of same-day listings only
- Instagram feed into your websites
- User interface changes throughout